Pune Crime News: Couple Swindles Rs 74,000 From Tenant In Dhankawadi Rental Scam
Pune: NpNews24 Online -Pune Crime News | In a deceitful act that unfolded between May 1, 2022, and July 9, 2022, a couple has been accused of duping a 29-year-old man, Lakhan Shashikant Nikalje, to the tune of Rs 74,000. The alleged perpetrators, identified as Ramdas Chhagan Lagad (42) and Manisha Ramdas Lagad, residing at Duttnagar Chowk, Ambegaon Road, are now facing charges under IPC sections 420, 504, 506/1, and 34. (Pune Crime News)
The incident revolves around the Panchavati Society in Chavannagar, Dhankawadi, where an open space is owned by the Panchavati Society. Exploiting this, the Lagad couple purportedly convinced Nikalje that the land belonged to them, entering into a fraudulent rent agreement. As part of the agreement, the couple extracted a total of Rs 74,000 from Nikalje, comprising a deposit, rent, and additional funds for materials required for a shed.
The victim, Lakhan Shashikant Nikalje, residing in front of Panchvati Society Gate No. 2, Chavannagar, Dhankawadi, has promptly filed a complaint with the Sahakarnagar Police Station on Monday, November 13. Acting on the complaint, the police have registered a case against the accused couple, and the investigation is now under the purview of Police Inspector Crime Sandesh Deshmane.
- City builder, a man booked for illegally holding a flat by forging documents
- Goon terrorising people in Kondhwa area detained under MPDA, 56th action by CP Retesh Kumarr in 10 months
- Unidentified thief break donation box & steal money from Swami Samarth temple in Manjari
- Heartbreak Turns Devastating: Pune Woman Molested After Rejecting Marriage Proposal
- Pune News: 260 PMPML drivers violate laws in a week