Pune News: 260 PMPML drivers violate laws in a week
PUNE:NpNews24 Online -Pune News | The traffic department launched a special drive and took action against errant PMPML and MSRTC drivers. It has come to light that 260 PMPML drivers have violated rules within a week. (Pune News)
PMPML and MSRTC drivers are violating traffic rules. Because of such drivers, there is a danger to the life of the common man. The special drive was undertaken from October 2 to 8.
Action was taken against 260 PMPML drivers and 51 MSRTC drivers. They have been fined for causing obstruction to the traffic, stopping the bus in the middle of the road, stopping on the zebra crossing and breaking signals and driving in a dangerous manner. Some incidents of rash driving by PMPML drivers have been reported and the drivers have been counselled.
“PMPML’s senior officials have been informed in writing. Bus drivers who endanger people’s lives by reckless driving will not be spared. FIRs are being registered against drivers violating rules,” said DCP (Traffic) Vijay Kumar Magar.
Action against bus drivers
(October 2 to October 21, 2023)
PMPML drivers: 325
MSRTC drivers: 110
- Friendship on Instagram cost Pune woman Rs 6 lakh
- 85 lakh farmers to benefit from Namo Shetkari Yojana after Dasara; PM Modi to handover money in Shirdi
- MLA Ravindra Dhangekar asks government to provide jobs to youths instead of beer
- Pune Extortion Case: 47-year-old woman photos and video clicked at Budhwar Peth
- MNS City Unit Chief Sainath Babar keeps mum after being asked whether he wants to contest Pune LS election
- Pravin Gedam appointed Agricultural Commissioner of state; Sunil Chavan transferred after 11 months
- Auto unions in Pune call for strike on October 25; 50 to 60,000 auto drivers to take part in the strike
- Couple cheated of Rs 4.5 lakh on the pretext of investing in tamasha business in Kondhwa, case registered against two