Pune ACB arrests Marne and Jagtap for demanding bribe of ₹3 lakh for police inspector; Jagtap is close relative of a political bigwig of Pune district
Pune : NpNews24 Online – Pune ACB Trap | The Pune unit of ACB arrested two persons for demanding a bribe of ₹3 lakh for a police inspector. Since a large sum of money was demanded for a PI, it has created a flutter. (Pune ACB Trap)
The arrested accused have been identified as Akshay Subhash Marne and Ganesh Babanrao Jagtap, a resident of Saswad. The complainant had submitted a complaint at the Saswad police station. Akshay Marne demanded a bribe of ₹3 lakh for PI Gholap to register an FIR. Since Ganesh Jagtap helped Akshay Marne to ask for a bribe, an FIR of bribe has been registered and both of them have been arrested.
Meanwhile, according to sources, Jagtap is a cousin of a political heavyweight of Saswad area. It is being said that both Marne and Jagtap carry out various jobs for the politician.
The action was taken by a team of police officials including DySP Kranti Pawar, PI Sandip Varhade, API Mukund Ayachit, constable Tavre and driver police constable Pandurang Mali under the guidance of SP Amol Tambe and Addl SP Suraj Gurav.
Join our Telegram, facebook page and Twitter for every update
- PMC’s inaction over corruption of millions of rupees during the Corona period
- MCOCA action on Nagpure gang in Mundhwa; CP Amitabh Gupta’s 112th action till date
- Complete 24×7 water supply scheme within stipulated time: Chandrakant Patil
- Construction worker dies after falling from 14th floor in Baner; 4 contractors booked
- Actress Nashpreet Singh Oozes Oomph with Her latest photoshoot. Top 3 Sultry Looks of Nashpreet which Will Make Your Heart Skip A Beat