Pune Police: Policemen seriously hurt after being attacked with cement block; Accused works in Indian Army
PUNE: NpNews24 Online – Pune Police | There was a scuffle between three persons who were riding a two-wheeler and a policeman because they were fined. The policeman was assaulted with a stone and he was seriously injured. The injured policeman has been identified as Ramesh Dhavre. Dhavre’s skull is broken and he is being treated in the ICU of a hospital. (Pune Police)
The incident took place on Wednesday at 7 pm near the Shreemant Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati Temple. Dhavre had fined the accused one and a half month ago.
Policeman Pankaj Shankar Bhople (36) of Faraskhana transport department has lodged a complaint at the Faraskhana police station. The police have registered an FIR against Vaibhav Sambhaji Mangte, a resident of Chhatrapati Sambhaji Nagar district, under sections 307, 333 and 353 of the IPC and arrested him. The accused Vaibhav Mangate works in the Indian Army.
According to the police, the complainant Pankaj Bhople, Ramesh Dhavre and other police personnel were manging the traffic near Shrimant Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati temple. Policeman Ramesh Dhavre had fined the accused Vaibhav Mangate one and a half month ago for riding triple seat. There was a scuffle between them.
The accused Vaibhav Mangate wanted to take revenge and located Ramesh Dhavre. On Wednesday evening, Dhavre was managing the traffic at Budhwar Chowk.
The accused came there and hit Dhavre’s head with a cement block. Dhavre was seriously injured and was immediately rushed to a hospital for treatment. Dhavre’s skull has been broken and he is being treated in the ICU.
API Abhang is probing the case.
- FIR registered against 14 people for setting truck on fire
- woman cheated of more than 9 lakh by cyber thugs on Telegram
- 43-year-old man molested and also demanded extortion of Rs 20 lakh from 39-year-old woman over one-sided love affair in Wanwadi
- 19-year-old man attacked with sharp weapon over past feud in Pune
- Unidentified thief break donation box & steal money from Swami Samarth temple in Manjari
- Punit Balan Group (PBG) : Financial aid from Punit Balan Group and Oxyrich Group will help us to groom talented youths in 21 districts, says MCA President Rohit Pawar
- Pune News: 260 PMPML drivers violate laws in a week
- Pune Metro: services to be extended till Nigdi; Citizens’ dream to be fulfilled
- Five mishaps in six months: Redbird Academy’s operations suspended
- PMPML in dire straits: 20 chairpersons in 16 years; Lack of effective