Pune Cyber Crime: woman cheated of more than 9 lakh by cyber thugs on Telegram
Pune: NpNews24 Online – Pune Cyber Crime | It has been noticed that the cheating case on social media is now registered daily in Pune. Sometimes on the pretext of a job and sometimes on the pretext of paying more money, cyber thugs are cheating. Such incidents are happening even after an appeal from the police. It has come to light that a woman in Pune was cheated by cyber thugs of Rs 9,33,017. This woman was cheated by giving different tasks on Telegram. (Pune Cyber Crime)
The victim a resident of Kale Padal in Hadapsar has filed a complaint at Hadapsar Police Station. Accordingly, a case has been registered under IPC sections 419, 420, 34 along with IT Act against the holder of number 276639XXXXX, holder of Telegram ID, and bank account holders of various banks. This has happened online from 14 July 2023 till October 24, 2023.
According to the police, “The cyber thugs contacted the complainant and won his trust. She was lured with higher returns and was included in the Telegram group by giving a link. After that, different tasks were given on Telegram with the lure of getting more returns after completing the task. Accordingly complainant completed the task. After that the cyber thieves asked the complainant to deposit Rs 9,33,017 in various bank accounts giving different reasons. Accordingly, the complainant deposited money online in Punjab National Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank accounts. However, after that the cyber thieves committed financial fraud without giving any task and without returning the money. As soon as the complainant realized the fraud, she lodged a complaint with the Pune Cyber Police Station. The cyber police has transferred this crime to the Hadapsar police.”
The further investigation in this case is being conducted by police inspector crime Vishwas Dagle.
- 43-year-old man molested and also demanded extortion of Rs 20 lakh from 39-year-old woman over one-sided love affair in Wanwadi
- 19-year-old man attacked with sharp weapon over past feud in Pune
- Unidentified thief break donation box & steal money from Swami Samarth temple in Manjari
- Punit Balan Group (PBG) : Financial aid from Punit Balan Group and Oxyrich Group will help us to groom talented youths in 21 districts, says MCA President Rohit Pawar
- Pune News: 260 PMPML drivers violate laws in a week
- Pune Metro: services to be extended till Nigdi; Citizens’ dream to be fulfilled
- Five mishaps in six months: Redbird Academy’s operations suspended
- PMPML in dire straits: 20 chairpersons in 16 years; Lack of effective implementation of plans makes it worse
- Friendship on Instagram cost Pune woman Rs 6 lakh
- 85 lakh farmers to benefit from Namo Shetkari Yojana after Dasara; PM Modi to handover money in Shirdi
- MLA Ravindra Dhangekar asks government to provide jobs to youths instead of beer