Pune ACB Trap: Police Sub Inspector and lawyer in ACB net for accepting bribe
PUNE: NpNews24 Online – Pune Crime News | The ACB Pune has arrested a PSI from Bhigwan police station of Pune Rural Police and a lawyer for accepting a bribe of ₹20,000 after demanding ₹30,000 for handing over documents in a case after laying a trap. The ACB Pune took the action on October 22. The action has created a flutter in the police department. (Pune Crime News)
The accused have been identified as PSI Pravin Sugriv Lokre (53) and Ad Madhukar Vitthal Korde (35), a resident of Ahmed Nagar district. A 41-year-old man has lodged a complaint at the ACB Pune.
The complaint’s father has died in an accident. PSI Lokre and Ad Korde had demanded a bribe of ₹30,000 to hand over insurance documents of the vehicle of the accused and other papers. After a compromise, the complainant agreed to give ₹20,000. Since the complainant did not want to pay a bribe, he lodged a complaint with ACB Pune.
ACB officials verified the complaint in the presence of panches on October 15 and 16. At that time, PSI Lokre and Ad Korde agreed that they demanded a bribe of ₹30,000 and later agreed to accept ₹20,000. The ACB team laid a trap opposite Bhigwan police station. Ad Korde was arrested red-handed while accepting a bribe of ₹20,000 on behalf of PSI Lokre. PSI Lokre encouraged Ad Korde to accept the bribe.
ACB has apprehended both the accused and an FIR has been registered against them at Bhigwan police station.
The action was taken under the guidance of ACB Pune SP Amol Tambe, Addl SP Dr Sheetal Janve-Kharade by DySP Nitin Jadhav, PI Virnath Mane policemen Navnath Walke, Mane, Kamble and driver Jadhav.
- Pune News: 260 PMPML drivers violate laws in a week
- Pune Metro: services to be extended till Nigdi; Citizens’ dream to be fulfilled
- Five mishaps in six months: Redbird Academy’s operations suspended
- PMPML in dire straits: 20 chairpersons in 16 years; Lack of effective implementation of plans makes it worse
- Friendship on Instagram cost Pune woman Rs 6 lakh
- 85 lakh farmers to benefit from Namo Shetkari Yojana after Dasara; PM Modi to handover money in Shirdi
- MLA Ravindra Dhangekar asks government to provide jobs to youths instead of beer
- Pune Extortion Case: 47-year-old woman photos and video clicked at Budhwar Peth
- MNS City Unit Chief Sainath Babar keeps mum after being asked whether he wants to contest Pune LS election
- Pravin Gedam appointed Agricultural Commissioner of state; Sunil Chavan transferred after 11 months
- Auto unions in Pune call for strike on October 25; 50 to 60,000 auto drivers to take part in the strike
- Couple cheated of Rs 4.5 lakh on the pretext of investing in tamasha business in Kondhwa, case registered against two