Pune Extortion Case: 47-year-old woman photos and video clicked at Budhwar Peth
Pune: NpNews24 Online – Pune Crime News | On the pretext of investing in scrap business, the woman was taken to Budhwar Peth in Pune for dropping her at Pune Railway Station. At Budhwar Peth woman photos and videos were shot. After that, the incident of extorting money from the woman by threatening to make the photo and video viral has come to light. In this matter, a case has been registered at Khadak Police Station against one person from Satara district. (Pune Crime News)
A 47-year-old woman from Charkop Market at Kandivali West in Mumbai has filed a complaint at Khadak Police Station on Saturday, October 21. Accordingly, a case under IPC sections 376, 452, 323, 504, 506 and 427 has been registered against Santosh Dattatraya Pawar (36) a resident of Venna Chowk in Satara. The incident took place between the years 2018 and 2021 and also in July 2022 at the house of the complainant and at Pune’s sessions court.
According to the police, “The accused and the complainant got to know each other on Facebook. The accused asked the complainant to invest the money in scrap business and took Rs.2 lakhs. When the plaintiff came to Pune, the accused took her to Budhwar Peth in Pune on the pretext of dropping her at Pune station. Later photos and videos of the woman were taken there and she was threatened that her photos and videos taken in Budhwar Peth will go viral and demanded Rs 3 lakh. After that the accused took the woman to the court in Sukhrawar Peth and notarized from her that the money had been paid for the business. The accused then repeatedly took gold ornaments and cash amount of Rs 10,30,499 from the woman. After that, when more money was demanded, the plaintiff refused it.”
The police further added, “At that time, the accused Santosh Pawar threatened to kill her, according to the complainant.”
Khadak police are further conducting the investigation in the case.
- MNS City Unit Chief Sainath Babar keeps mum after being asked whether he wants to contest Pune LS election
- Pravin Gedam appointed Agricultural Commissioner of state; Sunil Chavan transferred after 11 months
- Auto unions in Pune call for strike on October 25; 50 to 60,000 auto drivers to take part in the strike
- Couple cheated of Rs 4.5 lakh on the pretext of investing in tamasha business in Kondhwa, case registered against two
- Woman threatened, blackmailed by creating fake Instagram account
- Intensity of heat in October will be more this year, predict weather experts
- FIR registered against two women for obstructing government work
- Bombay High Court rules in favour of PMC on Bhide Wada issue