Pune Yerawada Building Collapse : Shastri Nagar tragedy ! PMC sets up 10-member panel to probe the incident
Pune : NpNews24 Online – Pune Yerawada Building Collapse | The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has issued a ‘Stop Work’ notice to Bluegrass Business Park’s construction site at Shastri Nagar, Yerawada, where five workers died in a slab collapse on Thursday night. A 10-member inquiry committee comprising government officials and experts has been formed to probe into the accident, said Sudhir Kadam, Superintending Engineer, Building Department, PMC, on Friday.
A tower is being built at the site by Bluegrass Business Park. Iron frames were being made for a slab on Thursday night, which collapsed under which some workers got trapped. Five workers died while some were seriously injured.
After being informed, Municipal Commissioner Vikram Kumar, Addl Municipal Commissioner Ravindra Binwade, City Engineer Prashant Waghmare and other civic officials visited the accident spot.
The civic administration immediately issued a stop work notice to the construction. Moreover, a 10-member committee has been set up to probe the incident. Action will be taken against those found responsible for the accident, said Building Department Superintending Engineer Sudhir Kadam.
Meanwhile, an offence has been registered at the Yerawada police station.
Following are the 10 members of the probe panel :
1. District Collector Dr. Rajesh Deshmukh, Chairman
2. DCP Rohidas Pawar, DCP (Zone 4), Member
3. Abhijit Ketkar, Assistant Director, Town Planning, Member
4. Atul Chavan, Superintending Engineer, Public Works Development Department, Member
5. Sunil Gilbile, Chief Fire Officer, Pune Municipal Corporation, Member
6. Abhay Gite, Deputy Commissioner, Labour Welfare Department, Member
7. Dhairyasheel Khairepatil, Structural Engineer, Member
8. Sandeep Bawdekar, Architect, Member
9. Sanjay Deshpande, Credai, Member
10. Sudhir Kadam, Superintending Engineer, Building Department, Pune Municipal Corporation, Member-Secretary.
- Yorkshire’s bid to regain international status hit by EGM cancellation
- Baba Bhide Bridge will be demolished under Riverfront Development Project
- Railway Budget : Rs 31 crore for Pune railway station, Rs 21 crore for Hadapsar terminal
- No more tunic uniform for police officers from the ranks of DySP to PSI, DGP Sanjay Pandey issues order