Pune News: Pothole develops on new road of the Chandni Chowk flyover; Road condition deteriorates in three months
PUNE: NpNews24 Online – Pune News | The condition of the flyover built at Chandni Chowk with much fanfare has started deteriorating. NCP MP Supriya Sule has made an allegation in social media that a pothole has developed on the road going from Chandni Chowk to Mulshi. She has expressed her unhappiness that the road is developing problems just three months after its inauguration. (Pune News)
The civic body has proposed construction of a flyover to reduce the traffic congestion at Chadni Chowk and Kothrud. However, the NHAI prepared the blueprint for the flyover because there were technical faults in PMC’s blueprint. The Union Road Ministry had made funds available for the flyover. The Centre had announced funds of ₹400 crore for the project.
The ground breaking ceremony was conducted by Union Minister Nitin Gadkari seven years ago. However, the work of the flyover was delayed at each stage and it was inaugurated on August 12 this year. However, since the quality of the road has started deteriorating after three months, Supriya Sule has raised questions about the quality of construction.
She has posted the photo of pothole on the road going to Mulshi from NDA at Chandni Chowk on social media. She has stated that it is necessary for NHAI to check the quality of construction and the lives of commuters are in danger. Sule has asked Nitin Gadkari whether action would be taken against the concerned contractors.
- FIR registered against 14 people for setting truck on fire
- woman cheated of more than 9 lakh by cyber thugs on Telegram
- 43-year-old man molested and also demanded extortion of Rs 20 lakh from 39-year-old woman over one-sided love affair in Wanwadi
- 19-year-old man attacked with sharp weapon over past feud in Pune
- Unidentified thief break donation box & steal money from Swami Samarth temple in Manjari
- Punit Balan Group (PBG) : Financial aid from Punit Balan Group and Oxyrich Group will help us to groom talented youths in 21 districts, says MCA President Rohit Pawar
- Pune News: 260 PMPML drivers violate laws in a week
- Pune Metro: services to be extended till Nigdi; Citizens’ dream to be fulfilled