Pune News: Police may kill Lalit Patil in fake encounter, alleges MLA Ravindra Dhangekar (Video)
PUNE: NpNews24 Online – Pune News | Kasba Peth MLA Ravindra Dhangekar said on Monday that the probe in drug smuggler Lalit Patil case should be handed over to central investigative agencies to ensure an impartial probe. He alleged that the police may kill Patil in a fake encounter. (Pune News)
The police have arrested Lalit Patil who was overseeing smuggling of drugs from Sassoon Hospital. Dhangekar made these allegations against this backdrop. He demanded that the probe should be handed over to central investigative agencies. He said that a peon at Sassoon Hospital was the link between Lalit Patil and a minister and hence, a thorough probe is necessary.
“The accused Patil was staying in a five star hotel and was selling drugs from Sassoon Hospital. Since Patil was helped by the police, it is necessary that central investigative agencies carry out a probe. It is being speculated that three ministers in the state government are involved in this case and the direction of the probe has been changed. The role played by Sassoon Hospital’s Dean Dr Sanjeev Thakur is suspicious and his call records should be examined,” Dhangekar said.
- Pune News: 260 PMPML drivers violate laws in a week
- Pune Metro: services to be extended till Nigdi; Citizens’ dream to be fulfilled
- Five mishaps in six months: Redbird Academy’s operations suspended
- PMPML in dire straits: 20 chairpersons in 16 years; Lack of effective implementation of plans makes it worse
- Friendship on Instagram cost Pune woman Rs 6 lakh
- 85 lakh farmers to benefit from Namo Shetkari Yojana after Dasara; PM Modi to handover money in Shirdi
- MLA Ravindra Dhangekar asks government to provide jobs to youths instead of beer
- Pune Extortion Case: 47-year-old woman photos and video clicked at Budhwar Peth
- MNS City Unit Chief Sainath Babar keeps mum after being asked whether he wants to contest Pune LS election
- Pravin Gedam appointed Agricultural Commissioner of state; Sunil Chavan transferred after 11 months
- Auto unions in Pune call for strike on October 25; 50 to 60,000 auto drivers to take part in the strike
- Couple cheated of Rs 4.5 lakh on the pretext of investing in tamasha business in Kondhwa, case registered against two