Pune News | Will Parth Pawar contest against Supriya Sule from Baramati in Lok Sabha poll?
Pune : NpNews24 Online – Pune News | The main battleground of the political rivalry between Sharad Pawar and Ajit Pawar will be Pune. For the first time, there will be a clash between Pawar vs Pawar on the home turf of Pawar family. The entire district is watching with bated breath to see how Pawar faces challenge posed by a family member. The battle will be fought from the gram panchayat to the Lok Sabha. There is speculation that the Baramati LS contest will be fought between Ajit Pawar’ son Parth and Sharad Pawar’s daughter Supriya Sule. (Pune News)
From 1990 to 2023 period, Ajit Pawar had established his stranglehold over the NCP at the local level in Pune district. Although it may not be easy for Sharad Pawar to break the stranglehold created by Ajit Pawar, he has started making preparations for tackling the challenge posed by Ajit Pawar.
Supriya Sule’s political calculations have gone awry after the rebellion by Ajit Pawar. Now, it is openly being discussed that Ajit Pawar’ son Parth lost from Maval constituency because Sharad Pawar did not pay attention. It is being also said that Parth Pawar will be fielded against Supriya Sule in Baramati to destroy her chances of winning the LS poll.
Ajit Pawar has a stranglehold over Pune District Bank, Pune District Milk Union, Baramati Milk Union and dissolved zilla parishad and majority panchayat samitis and municipal councils. The MLA from Shirur-Haveli, Ashok Pawar, is supporting Sharad Pawar at present. Junnar MLA Atul Benke is neutral at present. However, majority of the taluka-level leaders have joined the Ajit Pawar group.
Supriya Sule is caught in a jam in Baramati LS constituency and she has openly expressed her feelings in Lok Sabha. Sharad Pawar is building a front including people who are not with Ajit Pawar, new generation of families who have worked with Sharad Pawar and those who are disillusioned with Ajit Pawar.
At present, it is clear that Ajit Pawar has scored over Sharad Pawar in Pune district but it is being speculated that those who go against Sharad Pawar may face a tough time. Many factors are also dependent on what decision the EC takes regarding the name and symbol of the party. The calculations of many party activists depend on who will be the party leader and who will issue the AB form. Those who are worried that the uncle and nephew will come together, are sitting on the fence.
- Speeding car crushes three labourers, two seriously injured on Kalyan-Ahmed Nagar highway
- Padma Shri Sivamani, Sadanand More, Jayant Patil, Chitra Wagh, MLA Ravindra Dhangekar seek blessings of the deity of Shrimant Bhausaheb Rangari Ganpati Trust
- Accused grabs policeman’s collar and brags of high-level contacts
- Private coaching class teacher sentenced to 15 years’ rigorous imprisonment for raping minor
- Deputy CM Devendra Fadnavis inaugurates ‘Sarthi Ganesh Utsav Guide 2023’ link
- Gram Sevak kidnapped after breaking beer bottle in front of his car, Accused take ₹73,000 from him and confine him to farm house
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s New Law College Excelles in International Moot Court Competitions
- Former BJP office-bearer dies by suicide in his office