Pune Crime News: Violent Confrontation Erupts After Alcohol-Fuelled Dispute In Katraj
Pune: NpNews24 Online – Pune Crime News | In a disturbing incident unfolding at Katraj Bhaji Mandai around 7:30 p.m. on Sunday (12th), two individuals, nursing resentment over their expulsion following a bout of alcohol consumption, unleashed a violent assault. The victim, identified as 43-year-old Navnath Gangaram Pawar from Navin Katraj Vasahat, Katraj, was stabbed with a sharp weapon, inflicting serious injuries. Pawar, wasting no time, lodged a complaint at Bharti Vidyapeeth Police Station, triggering a subsequent investigation. (Pune Crime News )
The alleged perpetrators, Tejas Mahadev Khatpe (19, residing near Ram Mandir, Ambegaon Budruk) and Imran Sheikh (residing in Santoshnagar, Katraj, Pune), have been charged under various sections, including IPC 307, 504, 506, the Maharashtra Police Act, the Arms Act, and the Criminal Law Amendment Act. Khatpe has already been apprehended by the authorities.
According to the police, the assailants and the complainant share a history, with a prior incident a month ago where the accused, under the influence of alcohol, visited a medical centre. Following an altercation, the complainant expelled them from the premises. Seemingly harbouring a grudge, Khatpe, in a fit of rage, attempted to fatally wound Pawar by thrusting a sharp knife into his head, concealed at his waist. Subsequently, the weapon was handed over to Imran Shaikh, who exacerbated the situation by brandishing the weapon menacingly in the air, accompanied by loud curses.
The police report emphasises that the accused and the complainant are acquainted with each other. Further investigations into the incident are being led by Sub-Inspector of Police Thorat, aiming to shed light on the motive and circumstances surrounding this troubling incident.
- 43-year-old man molested and also demanded extortion of Rs 20 lakh from 39-year-old woman over one-sided love affair in Wanwadi
- 19-year-old man attacked with sharp weapon over past feud in Pune
- Unidentified thief break donation box & steal money from Swami Samarth temple in Manjari
- Punit Balan Group (PBG) : Financial aid from Punit Balan Group and Oxyrich Group will help us to groom talented youths in 21 districts, says MCA President Rohit Pawar
- Pune News: 260 PMPML drivers violate laws in a week
- Pune Metro: services to be extended till Nigdi; Citizens’ dream to be fulfilled
- Five mishaps in six months: Redbird Academy’s operations suspended
- PMPML in dire straits: 20 chairpersons in 16 years; Lack of effective implementation of plans makes it worse