New tactic of smugglers; Ganja from Hyderabad seized by Pune Customs
Solapur : NpNews24 Online – Solapur Crime | While ganja is being smuggled through different routes, it has come to light that smugglers have now used the state transport board vehicles. A team of Central Customs Department (Customs) detained three persons carrying ganja in a Hyderabad Transport Corporation bus from Solapur area. In all, 56 kg of ganja has been seized from them. The Pune Customs office received a tip-off that ganja from Hyderabad was being sent to Maharashtra for sale. (Solapur Crime)
The Anti-Narcotics Squad of Customs received information that ganja was being sent to Solapur area in a Hyderabad Transport Corporation bus. Accordingly, the team left for Solapur. It chased and intercepted the bus and when it was checked, they found ganja. Sachin Ghagare, Deputy Commissioner of Pune Division Office of Customs, said that 56 kg of ganja kept in sacks was seized and smugglers were arrested.
In the past few years, smugglers used expensive cars for smuggling. Earlier, ganja was smuggled from sleeper coaches of passenger trains. However, now the smugglers are also smuggling ganja by using transport corporation vehicles. So, now it has become unpredictable as to what means smugglers would use to smuggle ganja.
- PMC’s inaction over corruption of millions of rupees during the Corona period
- MCOCA action on Nagpure gang in Mundhwa; CP Amitabh Gupta’s 112th action till date
- Complete 24×7 water supply scheme within stipulated time: Chandrakant Patil
- Construction worker dies after falling from 14th floor in Baner; 4 contractors booked
- Actress Nashpreet Singh Oozes Oomph with Her latest photoshoot. Top 3 Sultry Looks of Nashpreet which Will Make Your Heart Skip A Beat