Pune: TET irregularities! Barred candidates to be given opportunity to take part in recruitment process
Pune : NpNews24 Online – Pune News | For recruitment of teachers in the state, self registration of candidates who have appeared for aptitude and IQ test, 2022 is going on at Pavitra portal. As per the interim orders of the Bombay HC, candidates who have appeared for TET and were involved in irregularities, will be given an opportunity to self-register, and the Education Department has extended the deadline of registration till September 30 on Pavitra portal. (Pune News)
Because of irregularities in the TET 2018 and 2019, Maharashtra State Examination Council had barred more than 9,000 candidates. The Aurangabad bench of the Bombay HC had ruled that the candidates will not be allowed to appear for the aptitude and IQ test. Hence, these candidates had not been allowed to take part in the registration process of teachers’ recruitment on Pavitra portal.
However, after the HC confirmed through coordination officers that the candidates were fulfilling the stipulated norms, it has issued orders that the candidates should be given an opportunity of self-registration on the website. Accordingly, the applications received will be checked and the eligibility criteria will be decided by coordination officers. The Education Department has issued a circular that the deadline for self-registration has been extended considering that it is a time consuming process.
Candidates who had been prohibited for indulging in irregularities in the TET examination, will be given an opportunity of self-registration and will be included in the recruitment process. However, some candidates have expressed their disappointment that by giving an opportunity to barred candidates, injustice is being done to other candidates.
- Accused grabs policeman’s collar and brags of high-level contacts
- Private coaching class teacher sentenced to 15 years’ rigorous imprisonment for raping minor
- Deputy CM Devendra Fadnavis inaugurates ‘Sarthi Ganesh Utsav Guide 2023’ link
- Gram Sevak kidnapped after breaking beer bottle in front of his car, Accused take ₹73,000 from him and confine him to farm house
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s New Law College Excelles in International Moot Court Competitions
- Former BJP office-bearer dies by suicide in his office
- Woman police inspector killed as police vehicle rams into truck on Samruddhi Mahamarg, Three policemen and accused seriously injured
- Pune police Crime Branch seizes 162 vehicles worth ₹54 lakh, 17 people arrested
- Gandhi family loyalists making anti-Modi remarks which are in bad taste, says BJP City Unit Chief Jagdish Mulik
- Medals and recommendation letters announced for 49 officials and staff of Prison Department; Addl DGP Amitabh Gupta makes announcement