Pune | Rapist creates fake Facebook account of victim, threatens to malign her character, commit suicide
Pune : NpNews24 Online – Pune | A person accused of establishing forceful sexual relations and rape is harassing the victim after his release on bail in the case. He created a fake account of the woman on Facebook and maligned her character.
The Kondhwa police booked Sameer Balu Nikam, a resident of Narhegaon, in this regard.
A 31-year-old woman lodged a complaint with the Kondhwa police in this connection. According to the police, the woman had lodged a complaint against Nikam for beating up and rape. Nikam was arrested. He was released on bail in December 2021. Since then he has again started harassing the woman. He threatened the woman at her residence that he was the biological father of her son and demanded his custody, failing which he could go to any extent.
The woman ignored his threats. However, Nikam created her fake Facebook account and posted maligning remarks related to the complaint she filed with the police. He also sent friend requests to her relatives and others and posted lewd remarks on the Facebook wall. He also called up her friends and maligned her character.
Later, he followed her husband and threatened him saying, “I will defame you and kill your wife. There is only one option to stop this. You either kill me or I will commit suicide and leave a suicide note framing you. I will harass you.”
PSI Jadhav is investigating the case.
- Equities settle in green; Sensex breaches 60K level (Roundup)
- ‘Stop losing cool’, Cong rebuts Nadda’s charge on PM security breach
- Telangana HC grants bail to state BJP chief
- Current vax effective against severe Omicron outcomes: Study
- Panama hands over Colombian suspect in Haitian president’s assassination to US
- Himesh Patel on working with Adam McKay, Nolan, Danny Boyle: ‘It’s been a wonderful few years’
Comments are closed.