Pune Crime News | Gold worth Rs 1.12 lakh stolen from Chamunda Mata temple
Pune : NpNews24 Online – Pune Crime News | An incident of theft of Goddess ornaments worth lakh of rupees has taken place in Chamunda Mata temple located at Bhilarewadi in Katraj area of Pune. The incident happened on Tuesday, August 22 at midnight and the matter came to light on Wednesday, August 23 in the morning. (Pune Crime News)
The priest of the temple, Roshan Rishiraj Dahal (33) a resident of Bhilarewadi in Katraj has filed a complaint in the Bharti Vidyapeeth police station. Police have registered a case under Indian Penal Code (IPC) sections 454, 457, 380 against the unidentified thieves.
According to the police, the Chamunda Mata temple is located in front of the petrol pump at Bhilarewadi in Katraj area. Temple priest Roshan Dahal locked the door of the temple around 9 on Tuesday night. After that around midnight the thieves entered the temple by prying the hinges of the temple door and stole jewellery worth Rs 1.12 lakh from the temple. When prient Roshan came to the temple around 6 am on Wednesday he noticed the theft in the temple. Soon he rushed to Bharti Vidyapeeth police station and filed a complaint.
After receiving information about the incident, assistant commissioner of police Swargate division Narayan Shirgaonkar, senior police inspector Vijay Kumbhar visited the spot. Further investigation is being conducted by police sub-inspector Atul Thorat.
- Accused grabs policeman’s collar and brags of high-level contacts
- Private coaching class teacher sentenced to 15 years’ rigorous imprisonment for raping minor
- Gram Sevak kidnapped after breaking beer bottle in front of his car, Accused take ₹73,000 from him and confine him to farm house
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s New Law College Excelles in International Moot Court Competitions
- Former BJP office-bearer dies by suicide in his office