Muslim community agitated; Protests all over Pune
NP NEWS NETWORK
After Maratha Kranti Morcha and Dhangar community protests, now Muslim majority of Pune is out on the streets to fight for their rights and agitate to fulfill various demands.
The agitators have started mild protests all over Pune demanding to restore 5 percent of reservation for Muslim community and also to fulfill various other demands. The protest involved Muslims and non-muslims both from Pune.
[amazon_link asins=’B0756Z43QS,B0756Z53JN,B0746JXMWV’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’policenama100-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’502bac75-b421-11e8-9f58-3183d7d8b0ae’]
The Muslim Muk Maha Morcha or the protest was held from the Pimpri-Chinchwad city and end till the Golibar Maidan and Vidhan Bhavan areas in Pune city. Right from the Seven Love Chowk to Sonawane Hospital, Ramoshi Gate, KEM Hospital, turned from Narpatagiri Chowk.
Agitators also carried protests near District Council’s old buildings from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s statue to Sadhus Vasavani Chowk and ended in Vidhan Sabha area.
[amazon_link asins=’938622853X,B01HTIWGIE,8172210922,B079LXWC7J,B078S73CHJ,1782392327,B01FTZP0V4,B01MS1HKG2′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’policenama100-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’6dbbe1d8-b421-11e8-aa28-e5cfeb5a551f’]
About three thousand volunteers organized and took part in the Morcha. No announcements will be made during the protest by the agitators. The protest will be led by the girls followed by women, senior citizens, youth, various political party activists and leaders.
Muslim girls part in the morcha and gave speeches named, Aisha Sheikh, Tasmiya Sheikh, Samrin Qureshi, Asifa Khan, Asma Sheikh. Arsiya Khan, Umme Kulsum, Sadaf Dhotekar were also part of the Morcha
The Morcha was supported by various party organizations in Pune city and the district. Several party organization activists also joined the Muslim community and were a part of the protest.
With the demand of restoring reservation, Muslim community also protested over various other demands as well.
The Muslims have always been targeted on various issues which they are protesting against. The demands of the community are:
- Some innocent Muslims are being targeted of Mob lynching; they are being murdered on crowded streets such incidents should be taken strict action upon was appealed by the government.
- Cow protection: Muslims should not always be blamed for the killing of cows, such myths should be flushed.
- Love Jihad: Hindu girls being targeted by Muslims such blame should be stopped. Muslims ditching Hindu girls after promising marriage is a false myth and should be stopped.
- Waqf Land issue: Remove encroachments from Waqf land and illegal occupation of such land and other issues.
- Communal issues should be resolved immediately and religious tortures on Muslims should be stopped.
- Religious atrocities against Dalits and Muslims should be stopped.
To fulfill such demands, Muslims are protesting on the crowded streets of Pune, appealing to the government to preserve their rights. The agitators were seen holding placards, boards with slogans written on them, holding in their hands.