Deepak Mankar admitted to Sassoon hospital




Soon after being remanded to police custody on Wednesday under MCOCA, former deputy mayor and NCP corporator Deepak Mankar complained of uneasiness and he was rushed to Sassoon hospital from lock up.

The doctors admitted him in the hospital since Wednesday night. His condition is stable now.

After Supreme Court rejected his anticipatory bail application on July 23 and ordered Mankar to surrender before police in 10 days, Mankar had surrenderred before Pune city police on Wednesday, in connection with abetment of suicide of Jitendra Jagtap, brother of policeman Shailesh Jagtap, in a land dispute case. Later in the evenings police slapped charges of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) against him for allegedly being head of an organised crime syndicate.

[amazon_link asins=’B0769ZQJHC’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’policenama100-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’65d795f3-96e3-11e8-8aa1-29b091ffa059′]

Mankar along with Sudhir Karnatki and others has been booked by Samaratha Police station after a local land dealer Jitendra Haribhau Jagtap (52) committed suicide. Jitendra’s body was found in two parts near Hadapsar railway station after he allegedly committed suicide by jumping in front of an oncoming train on June 5.

A day later based on the suicide note and picture in his pocket the Samaratha police station registered the case of abatement to suicide based on the deceased’s son Jayesh (26). Jitendra’s brother Shailendra is noted cop with Pune police better known as gunman.

Initially, Jitendra’s death was recorded as an accidental death by the Pune railway police later his son registered a criminal case with Pune city police.The Supreme Court on July 27 had dismissed their bail and ordered them to appear before police within 10 days. in this case total nine people are booked of which police have arrested five, while four including Mankar was on run and approached Session, High court and Supreme court for anticipatory bail but the courts rejected his bail pleas.

According to police, deceased son Jayesh had claimed in his statement that Mankar and Karnataki were pressuring his father Jitendra to release possession of land, measuring 1,500 sq ft, located at Rasta Peth in front of Samarth police station for three months. The duo had also forced him to sign a blank paper. Jitendra had been looking after the land for many years and was also attached with Mankar’s financial affairs for 12 years.

[amazon_link asins=’163369366X,B00QIACK9U,9352722167′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’policenama100-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’7afaf5fa-96e3-11e8-974a-97ac232b4c7b’]

According to police, “Jitendra was harassed to leave possession of land. Mankar and Karnataki had threatened to abduct the family members and to implicate his uncle Shailesh, a constable at Lashkar police station, in a false case. on June first week, five unknown people reached home and warned his father to vacate the land immediately. The goons also told him to click a group picture with his father. After sometime, when the goons left, complainant’s father also left the spot. Mankar had promised to give them flat, a shop and Rs 1 crore, but eventually, he backed out and pressured him.”

On Wednesday morning, Mankar surrendered before the Cantonment police station before Assistant commissioner of Police (ACP) Jayashree Gaikwad who is investigating the said case.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.