Anil Deshmukh, Anil Parab used to have secret meetings over police transfers: OSD Vhatkar
Mumbai : NpNews24 Online – Criticising State Minister Anil Parab, OSD Ravi Vhatkar has said that Shiv Sena leader Anil Parab used to visit the then Home Minister Anil Deshmukh over police transfers. Deshmukh, during the inquiry into police transfer racket by the Enforcement Directorate (ED), made allegations against Anil Parab, who is a close aide of the chief minister.
OSD Vhatkar alleged that the Police Establishment Board exists for namesake. Transfer decisions were made much earlier. The ED charge sheet mentions this. A secret meeting used to take place between Anil Deshmukh and Anil Parab over transfers and appointments of officers. Congress, NCP leaders and Shiv Sena’s Anil Parab used to suggest names. “I used to submit this list either at Dnyaneshwari bungalow, Sahyadri guesthouse and Mantralaya,” stated Vhatkar in his statement. The meeting was very secret and personal. Hence, there are no records or minutes of the meeting, he said.
The police commissioner heads the committee meant for transfers within the Mumbai police. Transfers of officers of the ranks from PSI to DCP are decided by this committee. The internal transfer list of Mumbai police was also made in Mantralaya. Deshmukh himself handed over this list many times. His PA Sanjeev Palande or his OSD Ravi Vhatkar gave it many times. Anil Parab used to give the transfer list, stated Vhatkar in the charge sheet of the ED.
- Yorkshire’s bid to regain international status hit by EGM cancellation
- Baba Bhide Bridge will be demolished under Riverfront Development Project
- Railway Budget : Rs 31 crore for Pune railway station, Rs 21 crore for Hadapsar terminal
- No more tunic uniform for police officers from the ranks of DySP to PSI, DGP Sanjay Pandey issues order
- SSC and HSC exams will be conducted offline : State Board chariman Sharad Gosavi