Pune | MNS corporator’s appeal on Facebook raises Rs 14 lakh for poor boy’s surgery
Pune : NpNews24 Online – A 12-year-old child, Chetan Mahesh Gadhave, was seriously injured when he was walking in Mundhwa area. An iron rod pierced his head. He was admitted to the Noble Hospital. Treatment was costly. The family could not afford the surgery.
MNS corporator Vasant More helped the family. As he came to know about the family’s woes, he went to the hospital and enquired about the child’s health condition. Later, he posted an appeal on his Facebook wall. He requested citizens to help Chetan’s father financially so that Chetan could be operated upon.
Responding to his appeal, citizens started donating on Chetan’s father’s account. Help poured in. Around Rs 14 lakh were donated in one day. Vasant More revealed this on his Facebook wall.
Chetan’s father thanked Vasant More for his kind gesture. He said, “I know the MNS. But I did not know this angel. I will never forget him. It is very difficult in this world to get even Rs 2 as a donation. However, an appeal by this angel raised Rs 12 lakh.” Chetan’s father broke down while saying this.
- Pune | Youth falls into 70-ft gorge at Vetal Tekdi, rescued by fire brigade
- Pune vaccination | Over 11 lakh citizens have still not taken second dose in Pune district
- Anti-Corruption Bureau | Revenue officer walks into the ACB net in Ratnagiri district
- Pune Traffic Police | Commuters paid Rs 11.89 crore fine in 2021 for violating helmet rule in Pune
- PMC, PCMC to give Rs 10 crore grant-in-aid to pay PMPML staff as per Seventh Pay Commission recommendations