Nashik: Two persons die of electric shock in Vihitgaon

Nashik: Two youths who were trying to fix the board of Shivjayantimotsav Samiti on Friday was electrocuted. The deceased have been identified as Akshay Kishor Jadhav (26), resident of Wadner and Raj Mangesh Padle (20) resident of Saubhagya Nagar.

According to the information received, a panel of Shivjanmotsav Samiti was put up in the chowk leading to Rajwada on Wadner Road in Ward No. 22 of the city. The panel fell due to unseasonal rains and strong winds on Thursday. Akshay and Raj, who were walking down the road on Friday afternoon, saw the sign falling. They couldn’t estimate the height as they picked up the panel. Meanwhile, the panel touched the overhead power lines and both of them got an electric shock.

The injured were rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. However, doctors pronounced them dead on arrival. Upon learning of the incident, friends and relatives of the two, officials rushed to the hospital.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.