Goa: 7-year-old playing in saree swing chokes to death

A seven-year-old girl, who was playing in a swing made out of a saree, died of suffocation after the saree choked her. The victim, Ranjana Chavan died allegedly while playing at her house in Housing Board premises in Nagzar-Kurtti on Wednesday (January 27).

The victim’s family is originally from Uttar Pradesh and lives in Nagzar-Kurtti. After her parents left for work on Wednesday morning, the girl insisted her elder sister tie a swing to play with. The elder sister tied the swing for her and got busy with household work.

Reportedly, the saree twisted quickly while she was swinging and choked the girl’s neck. She tried to escape and struggle and then fell to the ground. Meanwhile, neighbor noticed the girl had fallen unconscious. Ranjana was taken to a nearby hospital where the doctors pronounced her dead on arrival.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.