Renu Sharma who accused Dhananjay Munde of rape, withdraws her complaint

The woman who filed rape complaint against Minister Dhananjay Munde on January 11 at the Oshiwara police station in Andheri has withdrawn her complaint. Renu Sharma had alleged that Munde raped her with an assurance of marriage and also promised to help her to get work as a singer in Bollywood.

“I am withdrawing my complaint against Dhananjay Munde. I have no complaint of rape,” she told the investigating officer. “I am withdrawing the complaint due to family reasons”, said Renu Sharma while withdrawing the complaint.

Dhananjay Munde however, refuted the rape allegations leveled by the 38-year-old woman who said he has been in a relationship with her since 2003.

In a post on Facebook, the NCP leader claimed that the woman and her sister are trying to blackmail him and extort money from him. He said that he had also filed a complaint to the police in November 2020.

After Munde accepted his relationship with the woman, Bharatiya Janata Party’s women wing wrote to Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray and demanded his removal from the Cabinet.

Earlier on January 15, Renu Sharma in her tweets had said, “Do one thing, you all decide together. If even those who know me are making false allegations when there is no information, then make a decision together. I will withdraw as you all wish.”

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.