Five reasons why people loved OYO during the pandemic
Pune: The world’s leading hospitality chain, OYO Hotels & Homes released its third annual year-end travel index – OYO Travelopedia 2020. Hospitality was one of the worst affected industries worldwide, however, with cities unlocking and global restrictions easing gradually, India topped the charts for OYO as the most booked country while Delhi clocked in the most bookings across the world in 2020.
Five reasons why people loved OYO during the pandemic:
- Approximately 73,000 repatriated Indians completed their institutional quarantine at OYOs across India. Amongst these, most bookings were made by guests traveling from the Middle East, primarily UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, and Qatar
- OYO Care tied up with 24+ state ministries and 50+ government and private hospitals
- The hotel chain housed 250,000+ hospital staff and asymptomatic patients since April 2020
- 200+ sailors were safely quarantined at OYOs across India
- OYO served 2500 pin codes in 2020.
What’s new: Over 8.5 million new user bookings were made on the OYO app and website in 2020.
Welcome 2021: At present, guests are opting to bring in the New Year across Goa and Himachal Pradesh, with the highest demand for 30th December 2020 and 01st January 2021.
Rohit Kapoor, CEO, OYO Hotels & Homes, India & South Asia said,