10 foods you should eat this winter to boost your immunity
Npnews24 : As soon as winter arrives, people start having problems with cold-cough. People spend so much money buying medicines to get some relief from this. Certified Nutritionist and Registered Dietician Lisa Yarah from New York has talked about 10 immunity booster foods that will take care of your health this season.
1. Paprika – is very effective in boosting vitamin immunity. Do you know that paprika has twice as much vitamin-C as citrus fruits? By eating five different types of fruits and vegetables daily, the body gets 200 grams of vitamin-C.
2. Aniseed- About 20 percent of vitamin C is found in aniseed. By taking it daily, the body’s resistance increases. This generates white blood cells that destroy bacteria and viruses in the body. Fennel is very effective in keeping the body away from diseases.
3. Yogurt- The probiotic element present in Yogurt protects the body from contamination and also helps in quick recovery from infection. The probiotics found in yogurt are healthy bacteria that also maintain the digestion system.
4. Green Tea – Green teen is not only effective in rapid weight loss, but the antioxidants present in it are very good for our health. According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, green tea also protects us from oxidants and radicals.
5. Sweet potato – Eating sweet potato (sweet potato) in winter also has many big benefits. Carbohydrates rich in anti-oxidants improve the function of cells in our body.
6. Garlic- Garlic is known to enhance the taste of a vegetable. It is beneficial to protect against cold, cough, and cold. Garlic contains calcium, potassium, and sulfuric compounds that help in getting rid of unwanted bacteria.
Turmeric- Generally, turmeric used in all vegetables also prevents damage from free radicals in the body. Turmeric intake helps fight infection and relieve inflammation.
7. Salmon Fish- Salmon fish is a superfood. It is known as a high source of protein. Salmon fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids are necessary to activate T-cells. The higher the T-cells in the body, the lower your chances of getting sick.
Oysters- Oysters are great food. It contains Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and many antioxidants that take care of your cells.
8. Brussels Sprout – Brussels sprout not only gives essential nutrients to the body with very few calories, but it also recovers damaged cells in the body. You should eat half a cup of brussels sprouts daily for the adequate need for vitamin-C.
9. Garlic- Garlic is known to enhance the taste of a vegetable. It is beneficial to protect against cold, cough. Garlic contains calcium, potassium, and sulfuric compounds that help in getting rid of unwanted bacteria.
10. Turmeric- Generally, turmeric used in all vegetables also prevents damage from free radicals in the body. Turmeric intake helps fight infection and relieve inflammation.