Good news for PUBG players, Game will soon be re-launched in India
New Delhi : There is good news for those who play PUBG in India. The PUBG game banned in India by the Indian government over the security and privacy of users’ data, is now set to return to the Indian market in a new way. On Thursday, PUBG Corporation said that the new game PUBG Mobile India will be launched in India. The Government of India had expressed concern over the security and privacy of users’ data and many Chinese apps were banned. The list of banned apps also included the much-loved game PUBG in India, which has been banned due to partnership with Chinese company Tencent.
The company said that Chinese company Tencent Game will have no involvement in launching a new game in the Indian market. Crafton Inc, the parent company of PUBG Corporation, plans to invest $ 100 million (about Rs 750 crore) in India. These investments will be made in the areas of local video games, e-sports, entertainment and IT industries.
Significantly, in September, India banned 118 Chinese apps, including PUBG, in view of threats on cyber security and sovereignty of the country. The government considered those apps to be dangerous for the security of the country. The government had earlier banned many Chinese apps, including TikTok.
PUBG Mobile Player is the mobile version of the Unknown Battleground. It is owned by the South Korean company PUBG Corporation. The company said in a statement, “The company is actively engaged in improving and publishing PUBG across multiple platforms to give gamers the best experience.”
The company said that PUBG Corporation is fully committed to providing the unique Battle Royal Experience to global audiences. Apart from regular content updates, the company is also exploring various other ways for gamers to stay connected in India.