Pune : Shivajinagar COEP Jumbo hospital fully fire-rated

Pune: The jumbo covid hospital facility at College of Engineering Pune ground in Shivajinagar is fully fire-rated. Fire Brigade officials have assured citizens that in any case of eventuality, the jumbo hospital facility is fully equipped to deal with the situation.
A minor fire was reported in the jumbo hospital facility on Sunday morning. This fire was immediately brought under control. The time taken to douse the fire was just 90 seconds. A compressor situated outside the administration office in the hospital premises was overheated. The rubber insulation cover melted and as a result smoke came out of the place. A fire extinguisher cylinder was located nearby and the minor fire was doused within seconds.
On this background, a review of the fire prevention systems and situation was taken. During the review, it has been informed that the entire jumbo facility is fire-rated which means it is completely safe and secure in any case of eventuality.

A fire tender from the Fire Brigade department of Pune Municipal Corporation, another fire tender and trained personnels from the Pune Metropolitan Regional Development Authority (PMRDA) has been kept on a stand by inside the hospital.  Apart from this, the Deepali Design Exhibit Private Limited company has also provided with all adequate infrastructural facilities inside the hospital.
Sunil Ghene, Fire Officer of Deepali Design Exhibits said, “Each and every compressor, generator, ICU department, oxygen pipeline has been equipped with a fire extinguisher cylinder. There are 192 such cylinders. Apart from this, water systems have been installed at 27 locations. Fire can be doused within seconds with the help of high pressure water release up to 30 feet. A special water tank has been built inside the premises in which 3 lakh litres of water has been stored. Of this, one lakh litre water is kept in the water pipes of the fire prevention pipelines.”

Devendra Potphode, Chief of Fire Brigade department of PMRDA said, “The minor sparking incident that was reported on Sunday morning was brought under control within a few seconds. Due to the adequate precautionary measures taken by the officials, any major tragedy was averted.”
Prashant Ranpise, Chief Fire Officer of PMC said, “All tents in the premises are fire rated. Hence these tents will not catch fire easily. Such preventive and precautionary measures have been taken while setting up the facility.”

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.