SOPs For Reopening Cinema Halls Announced, Online Ticket Booking Will Be Encouraged
New Delhi: Cinema Halls were shut down for the last seven months in view of the Coronavirus epidemic which are going to reopen from October 15 with 50 percent capacity. Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar on Tuesday announced the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for theaters.
Prakash Javadekar while addressing reporters at his residence said that the cinema hall will be allowed to open from October 15 with a seating capacity of 50 percent. It will also be mandatory to wear a mask and keep a seat distance between the audience. He said, ‘Cinema houses have been closed for the last seven months. They will now open from October 15. We have prepared SOP for the safety of the people.
He further said, ’50 percent people will be allowed to sit in cinema houses. It will be mandatory to wear a mask.’ Javadekar said that it would be mandatory to show or announce a one-minute film to spread awareness about rescue from Corona.
He said, ‘After the end of one show, the entire hall will have to be sanitized only then the second show will start. Online ticket booking will be encouraged everywhere. Only packaged food will be available.’
The detailed SOPs for visitors and the staff at the theatres will include :
– Compulsory physical distancing of at least 6 feet will have to be followed outside the auditoriums, common areas and waiting areas at all times.
– Use of face masks is mandatory at all times.
– Hand sanitizers will have to be made available, preferably in the touch-free mode, at entry and exit points as well as common areas within the premises.
– Zero-contact digital transactions should be the most preferred mode for the payments of tickets, food, and beverages, etc.
– Contact number record of visitors must be maintained to facilitate contact tracing.
– At every point, thermal screening of visitors/staff should be followed strictly. Only asymptomatic individuals shall be allowed to enter the premises.
– Seating arrangement inside the auditorium of the cinemas /theatres / multiplexes to be made in such a way that adequate physical distancing is maintained.
· For both online booking and at the box office sale of tickets, seats should be marked as “Not to be occupied” for social distancing.
– Only packaged food and beverages will be allowed. Delivery of food and beverage inside the hall/auditorium shall be prohibited.
– Respiratory etiquettes which involves strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing off used tissues properly should be strictly followed..
– Spitting will be strictly prohibited.
– Everyone must have the Aarogya Setu App installed on mobile phones.