FIR against PMC engineer after death of boy due to electrocution

NP NEWS NETWORK

Pune 

A week after a 12-year-old boy died due to electrocution after he came in his cycle came in contact with an electric pole in Warje-Malwadi, Pune city police have booked an engineer (electrical) of the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) for causing death due to negligence.

[amazon_link asins=’B073QVG2GL,B00NISTCTQ,B07B2GGTGD,B07DSDFLD3,B01EYSIQ3Q,B00LHRORMC,B01ENDHMGO,B00Q04HKVC,B01MPWL1VD’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’policenama100-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’9ff0b574-a798-11e8-a557-b57412405e5b’]

The deceased Prithviraj Chavan, a resident of Warje Malwadi, was cycling when the incident took place on the morning of August 18 opposite Hotel Swaraj Snack Centre.

According to police, the boy was playing on the footpath along the service road of the Pune-Bangalore Highway. He fell down due to electric shock after he came in contact of the pole. Later the boy died. The incident had sent shockwave in the area. It was suspected that due to some fault electricity was present in the pole. Senior police officials had visited the spot after the incident.

Warje Malwadi police station issued a letter to MSEB seeking their response about the incident. However, MSEB clarified that the police is managed by the PMC. Accordingly, police have booked PMC engineer (electrical) for the offense under 304a (causing death due to negligence), 34 (common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). The boy’s father Vishal Vithal Chavan (38) has lodged the complaint in this regard. Police Sub Inspector G B Mane is further investigating the case.

Prithviraj studied in class 6th in Rosary school. He was brilliant in studies. His mother is a housewife and his father is police Patil of Mulkhed village.

Boy dies of electrocution after hitting electric pole while cycling

 

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.